Guided Walking treks – fully supported
Morocco is a vast and varied country, ranging from high mountains and deep gorges to huge oceans of sand. The annual snow in the High Atlas Mountains provides plentiful water, enabling lush green valleys and cultivated land, full of glorious of spring blossoms and habitations in the most remote corners.
Trekking in Morocco offers a rich and colourful experience, allowing a privileged and leisurely contact with a world barely changed in a thousand years, friendly tribes and ancient cultures, spectacular scenery and remarkably refreshing activity.
The tranquil world of the mountain Berber tribes is remote and only recently open to visitors, although this has facilitated in keeping the locals unaltered by western influences. Shepherds still herd their flocks on the mountainside in search of the best grazing; women still gather at the village wells to gossip and mule tracks still carry walnuts to the weekly markets.
Trekking in Morocco is neither taxing nor uncomfortable. Mules are provided to carry your baggage and all the camping equipment, so the time spent walking is unencumbered. Extra mules can be hired for you to ride if you become tired, or for those not built for trekking, making even the most remote valleys accessible to almost everyone.
The professional Berber guides we use are proud of their beautiful world, and enthusiastic to share its richness with you. With comfortable camps and excellent staff who provide those special touches that make ‘roughing it’ a really enjoyable event. Delicious food – even wine with your evening meal, and an unforgettable landscape will help ensure your trek will be an experience of a lifetime.
All of our treks are booked on an individual bases. You will have your own cook, guide, muleteer etc, and will not join a large group.
Walking treks are graded as follows:
GRADE * = easy
GRADE ** = medium
GRADE *** = difficult
GRADE **** = very difficult
PLEASE NOTE: All trekking times in the following itineraries are approximate, and will depend on your own level fitness. It is possible to hire an extra mule for all of the treks, enabling you to partake in a trek above your own fitness level.
STANDARD CAMP – price includes
- Transfers to / from trek by minibus or Landcruiser
- English speaking Moroccan guide
- All camping equipment (mess tent, stoles, low table, sleeping tents for 2 (small igloo tent) with mattresses, toilet tent
- All meals from lunch on the first day to lunch on the final day, including 3 litres mineral water and half a bottle of wine per person, per day
- Mules and muleteers for carrying baggage
Not included in the cost
- Sleeping bag – this is an optional extra of £20 if you do not want to bring your own.
- Flights and hotels – not included, but can be booked through Complete Morocco to make a full tailor-made package.
- Single tent supplement price available on request
- Extra mules for riding – price available on request
Other walking treks
Other locations in the High Atlas Mountains and Sahara desert also provide a good base for walking treks, and we can arrange half day, full day or overnight treks from:
- Kasbah Du Toubkal
- Kasbah du Toubkal remote trekking lodge
- Dar Imlil
- Auberge Chez Momo II
- Kasbah Tamadot
- Kasbah Bab Ourika
- Jardins de Skoura
- Kasbah Mohayut
- Kasbah Derkaoua