Moroccan cuisine is renowned as one of the great cuisines of the world, yet good Moroccan fare is often difficult to find outside of North Africa, with many of the so-called Moroccan restaurants (even in London and Paris!) proving a big disappointment after savouring the real thing.
Here then is your chance to learn the secret of Moroccan cooking from the experts, to explore the wonderful world of Moroccan spices and to learn traditional cooking techniques as well as the more contemporary methods you can emulate at home.
There are a variety of classes available around Morocco at various hotels we work with, although it is not always necessary for you to be a resident of the hotel to join a class.
We can put together a multi-centre holiday to include Northern Morocco (Fes and Meknes), the Sahara desert (M’hamid) Marrakech and the coast (Essaouira), and arrange a cookery class in each destination, giving you not only the contrast between the different regional dishes, but also the amazing diversity of Moroccan land, desert and seascapes.
Here is a sample of some of the dishes that you will come across in Morocco, and that may be included in the classes
- Moroccan salads
- Chicken Tajine with lemon and olives
- Lamb Tajine with figs and nuts
- Tajine Makfoul
- Ghriba dessert (Moroccan patisseries)
- Mint tea!
Hotels offering cookery classes
- Dar Ayniwen (by prior arrangement only – no further details available at this stage)
- La Maison Arabe
- Riad Kaiss
- Dar Anebar (by prior arrangement only – no further details available at this stage)
- La Maison Bleue and Riad Maison Bleue (by prior arrangement only. Cookery course including dinner: 950 dhs per person – no further details available at this stage)
- Villa Maroc (If during your stay at the Villa Maroc, you would like to learn the secrets of some of their recipes, they can offer you a ” Cookery Workshop ” – inquire at the hotel for details).