A Toyota Land Cruiser Safari will provide some of the most spectacular sightseeing in the world, and offers a very comfortable ‘once-in-a-lifetime’ journey into the realms of the remote and isolated Saharan sands.
The Great South and Sahara desert are truly stunning, with dramatic arid landscapes, fascinating Hamada plains, huge empty salt lakes, impressive dunes, copious fossils and amazing rock formations, and are far, far away from civilisation.
The vista is breathtaking, the silence deafening, and the magnitude of open space awe-inspiring. From the vitality that is Marrakech, through the grandeur and magnificence of the High Atlas Mountains, along the rugged pistes (rough tracks) and oases-strewn valleys of the mountain people to the whispering calm of the wadi’s and weather-torn plateaus of the Sahara.
We offer a choice of adventures that are intense, challenging and rewarding, and are guaranteed to stay in your memory forever. Although not for the faint hearted, these Safaris are suitable for thrill-seekers with a good measure of team spirit anywhere between the ages of 8 and 80.
The dates used are based on historical weather conditions, and may be a little flexible. Some itineraries depart from Marrakech, and some from Ouarzazate – both destinations will require at least 1 night in a hotel both before and after the trek.
All of the itineraries are booked on an individual basis, so you have your own guide, driver, cook, vehicles, staff etc, and will at no time join another group. Because of this, departures are available on a daily basis to suit the rest of your Moroccan itinerary.
Included in the package
- Toyota Land Cruiser with air-conditioning
- An excellent and skilful Moroccan driver
- A qualified Moroccan guide who will be English and French speaking
- All meals
- Camping equipment
The cook prepares all of your meals:
- Breakfast with Moroccan pancakes, cereals and fruit juice, tea and coffee
- Lunch and dinner are prepared along the route with Moroccan salads, Tagines (a Moroccan of ‘casserole’), couscous, grilled meats
- Drinks include all soft drinks, bottled mineral water and a half bottle of wine per person per day
- Two man, fully carpeted caidal tents (20 x 10 x 7 ft)
- Sleeping bag with inner sheet and pillows
- Candles/lanterns for lighting
- Carpeted mess tent for evening meals; table and cushions; full cutlery and crockery
- Shower tent (9 x 9 ft) with duckboard floor and water bucket for washing
- Chemical w.c.
- Flights and hotels – not included, but can be booked through Complete Morocco to make a full tailor-made package.
The itineraries can be for varying numbers of people:
- 2 – 4 people in 1 vehicle
- 5 – 8 people in 2 vehicles
- 9 – 12 people in 3 vehicles
PLEASE NOTE: Any Driving times given in the following itineraries are indicative and do not take into account stops for lunch, photographs or resting.
Safaris departing from Marrakech
- 3 days in the Atlas and Sahara (A1)
- 4 days in the Sahara (A2)
- 5 days in the Valley of 1,000 kasbahs and dunes of Merzouga (A3)
- 6 days in Imilchil and Dades (F)
Safaris departing from Ouarzazate