Marrakech and the High Atlas
Short camel treks can be found quite very easily in Marrakech, in the Agdal Gardens and in the Palmeraie area. You can stop off during a caleche ride for a 10 minute camel ride through the palm trees.
For those staying in Marrakech or the High Atlas wanting a longer trek, a full day trekking with camels from the villages of Amizmiz or Tahanout is available booked through the Kasbah du Toubkal. Lunch and transportation for the 1 hour drive to/from the village and Marrakech is included. Alternatively you may choose to stay overnight in a tent or Berber village and return to the Kasbah in the morning.
Hotels in the Atlas offering camel treks
- Kasbah du Toubkal, Imlil
- Kasbah Tamadot, Asni (for short treks in High Atlas whilst staying at the hotel)
The Saharan Desert
The Great Saharan Desert is spectacular, dramatic and breathtaking, the perfect location for those wanting to live out their ‘Laurence of Arabia’ fantasies.
For those opting to spend time travelling around the South in a hire car, or car with driver, then several of our excellent Maison du Charmes in the south offer desert camps with short camel treks, and some offer longer options of two to five days trekking too.
Hotels offering desert camps and shorter camel treks
Fully supported WALKING TREKS in the Saharan Desert for 5 / 6 days
(with the option of camels with saddles to be included)
If you want to totally immerse yourself in the desert, far from civilisation, as we know it, we can offer the following 5 and 6 day fully supported treks with departures from either Marrakech or Ouarzazate.
PLEASE NOTE: These are essentially WALKING TREKS with camel support rather than mules. Camels for riding can be hired with an additional charge. All trekking times in the following itineraries are approximate, and will depend on your own level of fitness. These treks are graded for personal fitness levels as with the other walking treks as many people opt to walk rather than ride a camel. We can give supplement prices for camels with saddles for you to ride.
STANDARD CAMP – price includes
- Transfers to / from trek by minibus and / or 4×4
- English speaking Moroccan guide
- All camping equipment (mess tent, stoles, low table, sleeping tents for 2 (small igloo tent) with mattresses, toilet tent
- All meals from lunch on the first day to lunch on the final day, including 3 litres mineral water
- Camels and camel drivers for carrying baggage
Not included in the cost
- Sleeping bag – this is an optional extra of £20 if you do not want to bring your own.
- Flights and hotels – not included, but can be booked through Complete Morocco to make a full tailor-made package.
- Single tent supplement price available on request
- Extra camels for riding – price available on request
Available from 15th October to 15th April
Approximately 6 hours walking each day
- K5 A Camel trek IRIKI 5 days RAK RAK : Grade **
- K5 B Camel trek IRIKI 5 days OZZ OZZ : Grade **
- K6 A Camel trek IRIKI 6 days RAK RAK : Grade **
- K6 B Camel trek IRIKI 6 days OZZ OZZ : Grade **