Dar Darma - Briefly
Dar Darma is a stylishly elegant 18th Century Riad, situated in the ancient Medersa Ben Yussef quarter of the Medina. It has been beautifully restored using traditional methods including Tadelakt, hand painted wood, plaster work and antique doors. The staff are friendly and attentive, the ambience restful and calming, and the rooms luxuriously comfortable. With delicious food, gorgeous surroundings and impeccable service, you will have to tear yourself away to visit the sights of the ancient city.
Dar Darma - Completely
Dar Darma is a stones throw away from the Marrakech Museum, and a short walk to the main d’Jemaa el Fna Square. Its gorgeous roof terraces and comfortable sun loungers are perfect for catching a few rays in between shopping and sightseeing, with shady awnings and comfortable seating if the African sun becomes too much. There is a plunge pool on the roof, and breathtaking views over the medina take in the Koutoubia Mosque, Dar El Bacha Palace and on to the magnificent High Atlas Mountains in the distance.
Comfortable salons with open fires for chilly evenings, lounges, courtyards and dining areas adorn the ground floor – there is always somewhere comfortable for you to sit and relax, read a book, listen to music or enjoy an aperitif.Show/Hide full description
- 4 suites and 2 two-bedroom apartments with fireplace, all with air conditioning and heating, satellite TV and Wi-fi
- Dining room
- Roof terrace
- Courtyard pation
- Cookery class
- Personal shopper
- Half day guided city tour
- Free airport transfers for stays of 3 or more nights
10 minute walk from main square and souks
Hammam and Spa
A traditional part of the Dar in which guests can enjoy the ceremony of a bath in two differently heated rooms. Massages and “Gommage” treatments are made on request.
The Dar Darma has four suites and two 2-bedroom apartments in total, each of which beautifully decorated in individual styles.
The Red Apartment, 140 sqm overlooks the patio. Decorative features include the hand-painted ceilings and a fireplace. There are two bathrooms with bath and shower.
The Blue apartment, 120 sqm has a living space with fireplace and two bedrooms each having a bathroom with a large bath and shower. This apartment can be used as two separate suites.
The Orange suite, 65 sqm has one bedroom along with a bathroom (with shower) and a sitting room. Overlooking the patio from a private balcony, this suite is on two floors, linked by a private staircase.
The two Patio suites, 60/70 sqm located above the green patio each have a bedroom, bathroom (shower and small bath) and living room (all on the upper floor).
The Mirror suite, 65 sqm is located on the ground floor around a second patio, and also has a bedroom with bathroom with shower and small tub, and a living room.
Guests are invited to eat wherever the mood takes them – on the roof terraces, in the dining room, in one of the lounges or courtyards, or even in the privacy of their suite. Breakfast is included, and the cook will expertly prepare lunch and dinner on request. Alcoholic beverages are also available upon request.
Dar Darma – Patio / Orange / Mirrors Suites – Bed and Breakfast basis
The price shown above is based on two people sharing a room, and includes airport transfers on arrival and departure. If you have asked for flights to be included, the price shown is based on Royal Air Maroc flights. It may be cheaper using one of the low-cost airlines - please call our dedicated sales team for further details.
Supplement prices to upgrade your room
Blue suite for 2 people: FROM £20 per person per night
Blue / Red Apartment for 4 people: FROM £40 per person per night
Valentines Month: For all couples staying between 1st and 29th February 2013 you can choose one of the following as a special present from Dar Darma:
- Hammam + peeling treatment
- Free entrance to Majorelle Gardens
- Traditional Moroccan babouches (slippers)
- Candelit dinner for 2 (drinks not included)
Summer in Marrakech: For all guests staying from 1st June to 30th Sepbember 2013 you can choose one of the following:
- One day free pass to Nikki beach, the most exclusive "beach" in Marrakech: pool, lounge bar and restaurant in the Palmeraie
- Two free entrances to the Majorelle Gardens
Honeymooners: To all Honeymooners staying during 2013 Dar Darma will offer you:
- Traditional Moroccan babouches
- Candelit dinner for 2 (drinks not included)
The above special offers must be requested at the time of booking.
- Single occupancy prices are available upon request.
- Extra bed prices are available on request
- For exclusivity bookings of the whole Riad Dinner on arrival is included.
- Minimum stay of 2 nights required at all times
- Minimum stay of 4 consecutive nights must be booked during the Christmas and New Year perior – 24 December 2012 to 6 January 2013, and during the Easter period - 06 April to 10 April 2013, and again 27 April to 02 May 2013.